Saturday, March 28, 2009

The Heart of a Gamer

I really love playing games. It started when I was still a young girl in my Elementary days (around 10 years old). My dad would teach us to play cards, but not just the ordinary pairing game. He taught us to play “Pusoy, Pusoy Dos and Tong-its” (a variation of Big Two which can be played separately or in certain combinations using poker hand rankings). During the “brown-out era” in the 80’s, when almost all household in the Philippines owns at least one rechargeable lamp, my siblings and I were busy collecting Php0.25 cents from all corners of our house just to be able to play with our dad. It’s not like he taught us how to gamble with money, but it was a good way to motivate us to play harder. We would stay in our veranda, with our rechargeable lamp of course, and play until the electricity comes back. My dad would also tell our uncles how good we are at playing cards and we would beat them hands down. I really had great times with my family and for me, playing games has become part of our “quality times” together. So ever since, my love for games has never been this rewarding.

No comments: