Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine’s Day 2009

My friends and I went to Angelo’s jamming session. It was passed 8pm and all the tables were surprisingly occupied. Good thing Angelo reserved a table for us. It was out first time to hear their music. Their duo was acoustic, Angelo playing the percussion while his friend sings and plays the guitar. They started drinking beer, while I ordered a bottle of Coca Cola! I do not drink alcohol beverages, so what? I came there to see and appreciate their music, and of course, the food! I ordered my favorite sizzling pork chop with gravy and rice, yum-yum! Across our table were two guys who happen to be staring at our table. We were laughing because they look stupid, probably thinking what to say or how to approach us. Then the waiter came and gave us three bottles of beer, courtesy of those guys. After five minutes, one guy came to our table and asked Lyndsay “Pwede bang makipag-friends? Kamukha mo kasi ang kaibigan ko sa probinsiya (Can I be friends with you? You looked like my friend in my province.).” Then he gave three faux roses to Lyndsay saying, “Happy Valentine’s!” We just stared at each other, trying to control our big laugh! Of course we do not want to humiliate the guy, but what he just said and did was so hilarious! Lyndsay thanked the guy, so as not to insult him. What’s more funnier was when he said “Pwede ko bang mahingi ang number mo (Can I have your number?)?” Our eyes grew wider, we could not believe he has the guts to say that. Out of courtesy, we gave out a old number I was not using anymore. After getting the number, he shakes hands with Lyndsay and left our table for good. I have nothing against these kinds of people. It was just a funny moment for us, because normally it was Lyndsay who gets noticed easily. And she proved her “radiating neon lights” once again!

No comments: