Saturday, April 25, 2009

Green Mango with Bagoong


My mom brought home this freshly picked green mango from her friend’s farm (in the province). Green mangoes give me fond memories of family bonding and togetherness. When we were still young, my siblings and I would always go to my grandmother’s house in the province. We always stay there for the whole duration of summer vacation. My grandmother would cook “unknown” dishes/viands, which we don’t eat. It’s a good thing she always buy green and ripe mangoes from the market. We were scared of her because she would scold us if we don’t finish our meal. Since we’re not fond of her viands, we would eat ripe mangoes with rice! During snack time, she would give us green mangoes with shrimp paste (bagoong). My siblings and I really loved the taste of ripe mangoes slightly dipped in bagoong. Yum yum!

No comments: