Saturday, April 4, 2009

Off to the Salon

My friend Elizabeth told me this great salon, Tony and Jackey, somewhere in Tomas Morato. Her friend apparently went there for a hair rebonding treatment.



She said it was a Korean Salon and the hairstylists were all Korean. I was hesitant at first, thinking it should be very expensive considering they are foreign stylists. I haven’t really been into those so-called classy salons because I’m very much comfortable with my neighborhood’s cheap ones. But Elizabeth assured me their hair rebonding treatment was the best she’d ever seen.


It was already 3:00 pm when I reached the C.T.T.M. Square (Tomas Morato cor. Timog Avenue, Quezon City). There have so many customers waiting in line so I thought this place was really well-known after all. I was really impressed by the posh design of this salon. They also have a flat-screen TV and a waiting lounge where you can have tea, coffee and water for free. They have Filipino assistants who help in the shampoo and blow dry as well as coating the hair with the hair products.


My stylist was Jerome and he asked to me sit in a “baby chair” (while on top of the stylist’s chair). I wasn’t comfortable sitting that way, the baby chair has no cushion or anything soft to sit on and to think I have to sit that way for almost 3 hours. I asked the assistants if they’ve seen anyone sit on that baby chair before. They said it was their first time to see one. I paid Php1,500.00 for the hair rebonding and gave additional tips for Jerome and his assistant. Even though I had to endure a rough time sitting on the baby chair, I think I was able to get my money’s worth. My hair looks so shiny and straight! I just hope that people will notice my newly rebounded hair tomorrow. Too bad, I won’t be able to look like Eva Fonda anymore!

No comments: