Thursday, August 6, 2009

Farewell, President Corazon Aquino


Yesterday was declared a holiday due to President Cory Aquino’s funeral. My family decided to stay at home and watch the funeral on the television. I can really feel how the Filipinos love Cory. Her funeral was like that of Michael Jackson’s. Everyone went to the streets and gave tribute to our beloved President. I can’t express exactly how I feel while watching the live telecast on ABS-CBN Channel 2. I couldn’t imagine how moving it could have been for those people who went there and waited along the streets for so many hours without food and water. Not to mention those who walked from Manila Cathedral to Manila Memorial Park. It has indeed become a significant part of our Philippine History.

I may not be there to witness that memorable event personally, but that day made me become proud to be a Filipino. Thank you for the democracy and the freedom, President Cory. It made us realize how important and valorous yellow is. I hope one day, someone will stand up for the Filipinos again and continue the things you left for us. We love you, President Cory.

No comments: