Sunday, August 30, 2009

Laguna’s Ancestral Houses and Their Capiz Windows

Whenever I go to our province in Laguna, I can’t help but feel nostalgic. My grandparent’s house was an old one. As far as I can remember, a typhoon struck the province and destroyed some of the properties of the villagers. Since our house was one of the oldest, the structures become weak and the roof was gone too. So my grandparents decided to renovate our ancestral house. Too bad I wasn’t able to say “good bye” to our dear house.

I walked around the neighborhood to adore those remaining old houses and huge Capiz windows. This house was one of my favorites. My mom told me this was the most luxurious house when she was still young.

But all I can remember about this house was their magnificent water fountain. I’m not sure if it’s still functioning now. While taking a photo of this house, I noticed the cute dog on the balcony, she’s as if looking at me too!


I really love huge Capiz windows! Our new house wasn’t made from wood anymore, that’s why we don’t have those windows anymore. Here are some of the houses with huge glass windows.




I noticed all of these houses have the same style and design, the typical wood house with huge windows. No wonder I really feel nostalgic seeing them. Maybe in the older days, these types of houses are what’s “IN” that’s why their looks are just the same. I hope we can have one of those Capiz windows again in our future house construction.

No comments: