Monday, January 5, 2009

My neighbor, Candy

When I was still in Grade School, I have a neighbor and her name was Candy. She was the mother of my playmate. Vic (a very rich businessman), on the other hand, was the father of my other playmate. Candy is married, so is Vic, get the picture? Way back then, Candy would tell us stories about our neighbor Vic, whom she had a huge crush on. She said that Vic also liked her and just too shy to tell her. She would giggle while talking, thinking we were so into her made up stories. Everyone in our compound knew about her crazy-mixed-up thoughts. When I reached 4th Grade, her family transferred to a new house somewhere in Quezon City. Today, we saw each other again because she visited her relative, which is my neighbor. She asked me, “How was Vic? I heard he still likes me. I even caught him staring at me.” I just stared blankly at her, I can’t believe what I just heard! For a minute, I was unable to move or talk. Oh my gas! After 18 years, you can still come up with the same old crap?! Move on, girl! I heard from my other neighbor, whose age is almost the same as mine saying, “Candy, until now, you’re still talking about that? It has been ages since you left this place. I don’t understand why that topic won’t die at all! You’re talking as if it was just yesterday. When will it ever end?” Wahahaha! When I heard that, I wanted to laugh so hard, it was exactly what I wanted to say! Candy was just so lucky, I am a polite person. I’m sure she’ll reminisce and tell me her old stories when we get to chat again. I hope I won’t be able to bump into her soon!

No comments: